Containers and environment
All containers at Logifruit are created according to the 3 Rs philosophy: Reuse, Reduce and recycle. With this philosophy we search the complete satisfaction of our clients and also benefit for the environment from different perspectives.
- REUSE: The concept “pool” is based on the reuse of containers.
- RECYCLE: Valuation is the life-cycle term for containers. 100% of the plastic is recyclable.
- REDUCE: At Logifruit we always try to reduce water, energy and raw materials.
Logifruit belongs to the first association of logistic operators of eco-sustainable, reusable elements (ARECO), whose main objective is to encourage the use of these types of containers which allow multiple uses and are, therefore, more cost-efficient.
Types of packages at Logifruit
+ - 4%
60 x 40 x 23,7
56,8 x 36,5 x 22,5
60 x 40 x 17,7
56,8 x 36,5 x 16,6
30 x 40 x 16
29,5 x 37 x 15
120 x 80 x 95
112 x 72 x 76,6
+ - 4%
60 x 40 x 23
56,5 x 36,5 x 21,9
60 x 40 x 16,8
56,5 x 36,7 x 15,7
60 x 40 x 11,5
56,5 x 36,6 x 10,4
30 x 40 x 15,3
26,6 x 36,6 x 13,9
+ - 4%
120 x 80 x 60
111,8 x 71,8 x 44,6
80 x 60 x 45
75 x 55 x 31,2
120 x 80 x 15,7
60 x 80 x 16
60 x 40 x 13,9
An excellent service
Excellence in Food Safety is our main objective. We focus all corporate decisions on this service in order to reinforce and continuously improve.
In order to achieve this we have carried out the following:
- Installation of metal detectors throughout all lines of rigid crates
- Improvements in all storage areas with fast doors systems
- Reinforcement of all pest control measures
- Increase in microbiological analysis of containers
In accordance with the importance we place on sustainability, we have created 2 concepts which are linked to this value: eco-innovation and eco-research.
- Eco-innovation: any investment which is environmentally sound and benefits society.
- Eco-research: anything aimed at improving our working methods, equipment and processes.
Reduction of consumption
One of the main objectives at Logifruit is to reduce the consumption of natural resources consumption. Throughout the company we are studying new methods which will enable us to become a more sustainable company.
We have managed to reduce water consumption through the following improvements:
- Water recuperation system in the Turner and in the drying process
- Stop system for disinfection and rinsing processes when there are not crates in the lines
- Mechanical buoys were replaced by electronic pressure sensors in the deposits
Logifruit recycles and reuses 20% of the 313.000 cubic metres it uses yearly.
Environmental impact minimisation
Logifruit aims to give back to society what it offers. For this reason, we have installed equipment for waste processing in all of our factories. We also use equipment for the recovery and management of cardboard in all of our branches.
Reducing atmospheric emissions
We are also working towards reducing our CO2 emissions. Thanks to measures such as truck load optimisation and the creation of new containers (half pallet) we are reducing pollution in line with our objectives.
Global Compact and NGOs
Internationally, in 2011 we joined 'Global Compact', a UN body whose main objective is to promote social dialogue in order to foster global corporate citizenship, which would in turn allow for the reconciliation of company interests with social values and requirements, UN projects, work unions and NGO's. Global Compact is based on 10 principles related to human rights, work, environment and corruption.
Locally, Logifruit also collaborates economically with important NGO's.
We are actively involved in the recovery of the containers we use. Managers throughout the 12 factories in Spain periodically visit 'pallet officers' in order to ensure that they are not lost during the logistics process and so avoiding client problems. The logistic process is a closed circuit within which containers are restricted.
This was recognised by the European Commission in 2010. Specifically, it was noted that 100% of container waste was recovered in logistic plants and supermarkets.
Economic contributions to society
Our commitment to society is not limited to the environment. We contribute millions of Euros through the payment of taxes and voluntary donations to NGO's.
CONTRIBUTIONS IN 2011
VAT and IGIC
IAES AND CONTRIBUTIONS